Friday, March 20, 2020

Dresses 50 through 54 - Audrey's Assortment

Here are an assortment of styles made from fabrics donated by my friend Audrey W.

 First up, back to basics with the official Dress A Girl pattern, found on the Dress A Girl Around the World website.   I love this fabric!  Oranges from sunny California being sent almost halfway around the world.

You can get the pattern two ways:

1.   If you are just joining DAG, you might want to order a kit from the DAG website for your first dress.  It includes fabric and instructions, everything you need.   link to kit

OR

2.  Make your own using your fabric with this cutting chart and armhole template  template link



Next, I made two dresses from the August dress pattern (see earlier post on construction).  These are complementary dresses, maybe for some sisters or best friends. Such a cute little sheep print!  I used a bright pink dot for the bodice and contrast on one, and a light pink floral for the other.  I added trim and three decorative buttons to the bodice using upholstery thread to secure them.


I also made two peasant dresses from one yard each of a vintage garden print and a grey and cream paisley pattern. The blue sleeves and pockets on the garden print are made from fat quarters. I also used a mint green lace trim on the hem, sleeves and pockets.  The red paisley print sleeves, pockets and contrast on the grey dress were made from a remnant.  I added two decorative red buttons, using upholstery thread to secure them.

Again, I love this easy and fast pattern.  See my last post on where to download it.  I also like the new white labels instead of the purple ones.  They blend better with the dresses.

HAPPY SEWING EVERYONE!

1 comment:

  1. omg Cindy you make me proud i am s glad they are going to make some little girls happy! you welcome for the fabric! they are adorable!!!
    audrey

    ReplyDelete