Monday, April 20, 2020

Dresse 63 through 69 - Myria's Rose Garden

My Victorian Roses Ladies Riding Society sister, Myria "Ebony Rose", donated several yards of this yellow with pink roses print to make dresses for the girls.  Here is Ebony Rose riding Eddie in one of our group's photo shoots. These dresses are all part of  Myria's Rose Garden.

For the dresses, I used the following pattern:


EASY SUMMER MUUMUU  by PrettyPrudent.com.

It is similar to the peasant dress in construction, but the dress is fuller, and the sleeves are set in differently under the arm.   Here is the link to the pattern:   Instructions/pattern download

I downloaded the pattern and taped it together. I actually only used the body and sleeve patterns, and constructed the dresses differently than the original summer muumuu instructions. 

Below are the pieces I used. I cut two bodies on the fold.  From fat quarters, I cut two sleeves on the fold.  I did not cut out the decorative strips to sew on the bodice.  I also cut one or two pockets from the same fat quarter as the sleeves when there was enough fabric.



















I used the same method as the previous peasant dresses I made, sewing together like this diagram of the peasant dress pattern. The sleeve shape is a bit different, but you can attach the same way.   The summer muumuu instructions has you make 4 different elastic casings at the top of each piece before sewing together.  I preferred to sew all pieces together, then make one continuous casing.


2 comments:

  1. You bear through a awesome vacancy. I sanity definitely quarry it moreover personally suggest to my buddys. I am self-possessed they determination be benefited from this scene. web link

    ReplyDelete