Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Dresses 59, 60, 61 and 62 - Life is Just a Chair of Bowlies

I had one fat quarter of the cutest cherry fabric, that had the saying "Life is just a bowl of cherries".  It reminded me of the Mary Engelbreit print, Life is Just a Chair of Bowlies.


 I turned that little fat quarter into the sleeves of a peasant dress.  There wasn't enough for  full pockets, so I added scraps across the top of each pocket, made from the same red fabric as the body of the dress.  I used bias tape to decorate the edges of the pockets.















 

 I also had a scrap of pink and white stripe fabric with cherries on it. I used the August dress pattern, and got the yoke cut out, and one pocket. From the left over scraps, I pieced together a second pocket, covering the seam with green rick rack trim. I made the pockets different from each other to be interesting.  I paired it with a green and white stripe for the skirt portion.

   I have a few yards of each of the following two tutti fruiti fabrics, so you will probably be seeing more dresses from it later.  

Dress on the left has cherries, strawberries and lemons - and sparkles!  I used citrus green for the sleeves with orange rick rack.  The pockets are sunny yellow with matching green contrast, orange rick rack and green buttons.

Dress on the right has cherries, pineapple, watermelons and.... carrots? Lol  Again, I used another green for sleeves, and gave it the same pocket treatment as the other dress.






1 comment:

  1. I love how you use different fabrics to make your trims. And I love cherries! I keep forgetting about using the rickrack too. Back to work!
    Val

    ReplyDelete